Running a UKA Show
Because of the unique offerings of UKA, there is an ever increasing demand for our shows all over the country. Our Membership now tops 14,000 and is growing steadily each year, so there’s never been a better time to run a UKA Show.
As a UKA Show Manager, not only will you benefit from our good name, thorough rules and regulations, prestigious qualifiers and more; you can rely on our experience, expertise and support.
By choosing UKA you are providing your group/club and competitors with a very attractive alternative to other shows and, at the same time, raising funds without the usual stress and time commitment that can be associated with hosting a successful agility event.
Please see our “Why UKA?” page for all the fantastic benefits UKA can offer competitors over other agility organisations.
All you need to do to host a UKA event is:
- Decide on the date (to be approved by UKA to avoid clashes)
- Identify and book the venue
- Appoint Judges and key helpers
We Do The Rest!
When you host your first UKA show, this is what you will get from us:
- Online or postal show entry for your competitors
- Entry processing
- Resolution of all phone, email, and postal enquiries
- The show schedule, ring plan and confirmation letter
- Preferable rates from our preferred suppliers for (where relevant) equipment hire, timing, toilets, skips, tannoy, caterers, rosettes, trophies, etc. If we don’t have suppliers for any of these facilities we can help you find them
- Capping limit – The number of entrants is determined by the size of the venue and/or amount of help you have, making for an easily managed show while still allowing four + runs per dog.
- Public Liability Insurance up to £5,000,000
- A management pack with letter and form templates for your use
- Support and advice from the UKA team throughout the show preparation
- A UKA representative will attend your first show to help in the Secretary’s tent in the morning, show you how to run the e-gility system, and to measure dogs
- All qualifying results from your show are recorded and will be displayed on the internet and available to be tracked by the competitor
- Finalise the show accounts, including chasing any debtors and dealing with unclaimed rosettes